Assistant Professor (Senior Research), Oregon State University
Microtechnology-Based Energy and Chemical Systems, Nanolaminates and Transparent Electronics, Nanoscale Metrology and Nanoelectronics, Safer Nanomaterials and Nanomanufacturing
Líney Árnadóttir received her B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Iceland 2001 and M.S. and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Washington 2007. Her thesis work included experimental electrochemistry in a micro-reactor at high temperatures in Prof. Eric M. Stuve’s research group and Density Functional Theory calculations in Prof. Hannes Jónsson research group. Before joining the faculty at OSU she worked as a research associate (Post. Doc.) at NESAC/Bio doing surface analysis of biomaterials and applying surface analysis techniques to determine protein orientation on self-assembly monolayers.
Dr. Árnadóttir research expertise and interests include combing experimental techniques, theoretical calculations and modeling to understand surface interactions and catalysis for renewable energy, nanotechnology and sustainability. Surface characterization of complex materials (thin films, biomaterials, corrosion surface) via surface analysis techniques (Time of Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry, X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy), and electrochemistry for clean hydrogen production and fuel cell applications.
- Líney Árnadóttir, Hannes Jónsson, Eric M. Stuve, “HCO (formyl) and COH surface reaction intermediate on Pt(111) surface”, accepted to Chemical Physics Letters.
- Líney Árnadóttir, Eric M. Stuve, Hannes Jónsson, “Adsorption of water monomer and clusters on platinum(111) terrace, and related steps and kinks II. Surface diffusion.” Surface Science, 606 233-238 (2012).
- Wanda Lew, Matthew C. Crowe, Eric Karp,Ole Lytken, Jason A. Farmer, Líney Árnadóttir, Carolyn Schoenbaum, Charles T. Campbell, “The Energy of Adsorbed Hydroxyl on Pt(111) by Microcalorimetry”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry, 2011, 115 (23), pp 11586-11594.
- Ulrich Siemeling, Christian Schirrmacher, Ulrich Glebe, Clemens Bruhn, Joe E. Baio, Líney Árnadóttir, David G. Castner , Tobias Weidner “Phthalocyaninato complexes with peripheral alkylthio chains: disk-like adsorbate species with central binding site for the coordinative anchoring of ligands on surfaces”, Inorganica Chimica Acta 374 (1), 302-312 (2011).
- Orb Acton, Daniel Hutchins, Líney Árnadóttir, Tobias Weidner, Guy G. Ting, Tae-Wook Kim, Nathan Cernetic, David G. Castner, Hong Ma, and Alex K.-Y. Jen, “Spin-Cast and Patterned Organo-Phosphonate Self-Assembled Monolayer Hybrid Dielectrics on Metal Oxide Activated Si.” Advance Materials, 23 (16), 1899-1902 (2011).
- Líney Árnadóttir, Eric M. Stuve, Hannes Jónsson, “Adsorption of water monomer and clusters on platinum(111) terrace, and related steps and kinks I. Configurations, energies, and hydrogen bonding.”, Surface Science 604 1978-1986 (2010).
Visit this researcher's website HERE